New York, New York

09:47



Hello lovelies! Hope you are all having an amazing week so far. As you may have seen from a number of my instagram & blog posts I went to New York last week. I went a few years back (you can see my blog post from back then here) and ever since I'd been longing to get back there and so with some more saving and planning we went back this month. And as before it was amazing! It's a place I just have so much love for, with its diversity and surprises around every street, there is just so much to see and experience. And I also feel super comfortable there considering its a massive city that I haven't spent a major amount of time in. But both times I just got a sense of feeling at home and knowing where to go. 

As my last trip there was my first trip to New York and America obviously there's a sense of wonder and wanting to go to all the famous places from films (basically every street you could find on some film I'm sure!) which I loved doing last time. And this time we did a bit of that, the usual sightseeing but we also did a lot more wandering around quiet streets and neighbourhoods and going to little thrift shops & parks dotted around the city. Even when its raining the city is still so pretty and there is loads you can do. One of my fave things we did whilst we were there was going to the museum of modern art, and this was handy whilst it rainy outside. I really enjoyed wandering around looking at amazing paintings and sculptures and seeing one of my favourite paintings ever by Van Gogh, it made me so emotional seeing it for real!





We also spent a whole day searching out the best thrift stores in the city, which was obviously one of my fave days of the trip as I'd never visited any thrift shops in America before. I brought loads of cool things and took a tonne of photos of every store I went in, so I am going to do a couple of separate blog posts just about them, so look out for them on here. Again we went to the top of rockafella centre to look over the city and I would just never tire of looking at that view. It takes my breath away every time!









This time we also visited the highline which runs above part of the city. We spent a couple of hours just wandering around the whole highline which gives a stunning view of the city and then we looked around Chelsea Market which is right underneath the highline. This is a really fun way to spend the day in New York and it doesn't feel as busy and touristy which is nice.

We also visited an amazing flea market in Brooklyn on Sunday we were there. Again I will cover this more in my vintage shopping in New York blog posts, but it was such a fun day! I already want to go back as I have an unending list of things I would love to do in New York and it is one of my fave places in the world so I will need to go back at some point! 





Look out for a few more blog posts I have coming your way, about shopping in the city. Have you visited New York? Let me know what your favourite things to do there are!

Daisy x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe